Saturday, June 7, 2008

Turkey Meatballs

I have been getting a lot of pressure from all of my loyal readers to post some new material. The public has spoken and I have answered. I decided to post my first very own food entry. It was dinner time and Traveling Tummy was making her "Bread Beginnings" entry. Instead of trying to forage for additional food in her fridge , a dangerous proposition, I decided to make something from scratch.

(photo and painted pottery courtesy of TT)

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Turkey
2 Eggs
1 Can crushed tomatoes
Some Onions
Some Garlic
Medley of herbs and spices

Method:

In a small pot, add the can of crushed tomatoes together with onions, garlic and random herbs/spices that you find in the cabinet. Leave on medium heat.

Haphazardly add into a mixing bowl the ground turkey, egg, onions and again a bunch of random herbs/spices.

Form various sized balls and drop one at a time into the small pot.

Cover pot and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.

No comments: